Friday, February 12, 2016

The Reason I'm here

I will like you to know that it is my first post and as you can see in posts we share what's happening with our lives, right now, in this precise moment I am in a classroom with a lot of students, because I am one of them too and the reason why I am here writing just begun with a question: ''What should I study?''. this came to me because I was wondering a lot of questions of what my future could be and what should I have to do with that.
When I was in High School I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and all of the asking part that I've just mentioned was being ignored by the old me, the only thing that I knew  in that time was that I wanted to keep studying because I've always had this way of thinking about studying:
Studying = Growing up
Studying = More Jobs, Better Jobs
Studying = Acquire Skills
Studying = Set yourself up
Studying = Open up new worlds 
Studying = Better life
And I could keep going with a lot of things that studying means to me but I'll go straight to the point, I chose a degree international in administration of hospitality, gastronomy and tourism GLION Institute of higher education as my career in the university UVM because I was not fully fill by any other career, I was looking for something that I like and at the same time a can have a job when I graduate from it, I remember in that time when I was sixteen years old and my best friend was looking for his university and what he wanted to study, he came to his house and I went there to see him, he had a lot of brochures and I read them with him and any of them were interesting to me but one, if didn't guess I'll tell you then, GLION, I read about it in that brochure with a lot of excitement and joy I was reading what I wanted, I ran to my house immediately and told my family, they were happy and sad because all of them wanted me to study something like medicine or teaching.
I had to talk them down because nobody knew about the career and where I can work, I had to look for more information because they won't listen to me at least I had a great argument.
Well I surfed in the internet and I show them that I really wanted to study, just what I'm studying now even though we suffer because of the month payment in comparison of other careers it's very expensive, they are being very supportive, and I'm very grateful about it that's why I must not give up, I have to make them proud because they are not that sure if I can succeed, I'm working on it and prove them and myself that I can do it, I assure you it will be awesome when I finally reach my goal.
My plan it's to continue and never stop looking for new knowledge, I would like to invite you and do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jorge,
    I am very happy that you are here in UVM and in my class! I am also sure that you will succeed!

    Good post! :)

    Ms. Julia :)

    ReplyDelete